The Rights and Recourses of Victims of Crime series
The guides in the Rights and Recourses of Victims of Crime series were created to help victims and those close to them navigate the justice system and other organizations dedicated to protecting victims or providing compensation for damages or harm suffered. Written in clear, easy-to-understand language, they contain information that will help victims:
- understand the justice system
- exercise their rights and recourses.
Each guide offers answers to questions most frequently asked by victims, including practical advice and useful references for life after an experience of victimization.
Who are these guides intended for?
Although all of our guides have been created to help victims of crime and those close to them, they will also be of interest to:
- professionals who help them
- volunteers who work with assistance resources for victims of criminal acts
- people who work in the justice, public security, education, health and social services sectors as well as in the community.
Topics covered in the series