The Association québécoise Plaidoyer-Victimes (AQPV), a non-profit association for victim advocacy, was created in 1984 to promote and defend the rights and interests of the victims of criminal acts as well as their families and close friends.
- Inform crime victims and their families of their rights and recourses.
- Represent the interests and concerns of crime victims and their families in their dealings with various authorities to ensure their rights are recognized and respected.
- Develop a better understanding of criminal victimization, its impacts and the needs of victims and their families.
- Encourage social reflection on issues related to helping victims and recognizing their rights.
- Mobilize various partners to promote victims’ rights and interests.